BootP- What do you need to do to maintain the IP Address on power down?

I find bootp to not be reliable at times. After assigning using bootp I go into RSLinx, verify settings and disable bootp using RSLinx.

Normally you just click "disable BOOTP" in the BOOTP-DHCP tool. It should let you know whether it accepted the command or not. To test whether it took, you can just power cycle your device. If it is accepted, it will not send out bootp requests.

It depends on the device, but most likely if it is an allen-bradly product, you can just right click it in RSLinx and click module configuration. You can then disable bootp on the port configuration tab.

One would leave a device BOOTP(DHCP) enabled if the intent is to use an IP Address automatically assigned by a configuration server; this is very rare in automation world.
Needless to say, once a static IP Address had been set, the BOOTP(DHCP) features need to be disabled.
All software configurable Ethernet devices come out-of-the-box as BOOTP(DHCP) enabled.

Just one gotcha that I've found with the latest version of Rockwell's BOOTP server (3.01.00): the "Disable BOOTP/DHCP" button doesn't appear to work (or at least, it never does for me). Clicking Tools>Disable BOOTP/DHCP works every time.

Just because why click one button when you can click two?

Yeah, whether bootp'ing or disabling bootp, i often have to press it like 10 times to be sure it actually happens.