HVAC systems

sahar

Hello dear friends,

I'm new in HVAC systems and I've just had two experience in this field. Now, I'm designing a HVAC system for a hospital and working with cpu 400 &300 in conjunction with HMI comfort 1200.(all devices are siemens).Unfortunately, one of our senior engineers said me my HMI program and its graphical items are so basic, but, I don't think,so, because, everyone advises me a hmi should be basic and simple. I want to see a sample project. Can you help me by providing some photos,pdfs or some programs???:cry:
Thanks in advance,,,

Welcome to the forum.

no offence intended, may I suggest that you get someone with more experience to design the system. Only having 2 experiences is good and a willing ness to dive in is great, but there are a lot of unknowns that in my opinion you have not dealt with or have planned for. I would hate for things to pop up after the fact and your company not be ready for it.

I admit, I know very little about hvac systems, just sharing my life's experiences that have may avoid future heartache on your part.

james

"Clean" and "Too Basic" are aesthetic judgments and to a large extent a question of taste. I personally don't like throwing a lot of graphics and pictures on the HMI screen just because the tools to do it are available. HMI screens are there to convey useful data to the operators. If they do that the most critical function is completed.

I suggest you ask your senior engineer for examples of what he is looking for.

"Clean" and "Too Basic" are aesthetic judgments and to a large extent a question of taste. I personally don't like throwing a lot of graphics and pictures on the HMI screen just because the tools to do it are available. HMI screens are there to convey useful data to the operators. If they do that the most critical function is completed.

I suggest you ask your senior engineer for examples of what he is looking for.

We get this all the time, it's the old favourite line when you submit sample graphics of "i don't know what i want but its not that" at that point we just stop and ask for a specification document, that invariably never comes so they get what we submitted in the first place as they are incapable of expressing what they need or they come out with the other old favourite that they want it to look "more iOS"

Building Control System are very different animal than Industrial Control System, which is the focus of this site. I would suggest you find a more suitable forum for your questions.

As for HMI design, see what the customer wants.

Building Control System are very different animal than Industrial Control System, which is the focus of this site. I would suggest you find a more suitable forum for your questions.

As for HMI design, see what the customer wants.

Agreed, its more of a BMS question really, there is probably off the shelf controllers and visualisation for the HVAC units used

My back round is with Carrier. There are a lot of questions that I would ask. Is it a zoned system? is it VVT or VAV? How many zones? How many units?
I would keep things simple also. One screen for the RTU (air handler) that would show you the state it's in, Heat/cool/Vent mode. If there are valves for the water/steam show those. Damper pos., Intake damper, Bypass damper air temps. all alarm if any.
The next screen would show just the zones and there dampers, there temps and the set points for that zone. It really needs to stay simple on each screen. Don't try to put too much on any 1 screen. That's from my past knowledge anyway.

Thanks dear Tom,
I agree with you and I know he doesn't know what he wants. Unfortunately, we don't have enough experts in tia especially wincc tia portal in our country.That's why we don't have a very clear insight into these kinds of projects. All in all, thanks for your answer.

Yes,you're right. I should explain the project in more detail. Now, I have a screen for RTU, just like you, and, a screen for exhaust fans in every units.for example: we have 4 exhaust fans for WC. So, I assign a screen for this unit. Moreover, a screen for set points and data logging. If you touch any icons of dampers or fans you can see the faceplate of it. Just this.

Yes,you're right. I should explain the project in more detail. Now, I have a screen for RTU, just like you, and, a screen for exhaust fans in every units.for example: we have 4 exhaust fans for WC. So, I assign a screen for this unit. Moreover, a screen for set points and data logging. If you touch any icons of dampers or fans you can see the faceplate of it. Just this.

Sounds like you have a great start. I'd be glad to help with any questions you may have. 🍺