Largest possible integer Redlion HMI & Fanuc Robot

tmadore

Hi,
I have a Redlion g series HMI connected to a fanuc lrmate 200id using the HMI software option on the robot (emulates a series 90 GE PLC)
Now this works just fine except when I need to send integers larger than 32768 from the robot. (I get random garbage on the HMI)
now im sure this is due to some limitation on one of the devices or the protocol itself. (the number is divisible by 128 and 256 and both devices seem to be able to handle larger numbers independently)
I'm just wondering what is the significance of that specific number being the maximum integer value I can send? Also if there is a way to increase this limit without splitting the number into several registers and re-concat. on the other end.

What are the properties of the tag you're trying to display? The source should be the name assigned to the robot. The address should be something like R00001.LONG for 32-bit. If the address is just R00001 it's going to be treated as a 16-bit. In that case you will need to select "Treat As" to unsigned integer to display a value greater than +32767.

Last edited: