my largest Project completed yet

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I am a Jr automation guy I usually make lots of small changes or add on. but I had the opportunity to do a complete lamp board to HMI project. I commissioned it yesterday and I am pretty proud of myself. it's a PLC5/20 talking to a PV+1000 DF1. there are no analogs into the plc, just a bunch of discrete. It is an old Oil Battery. not really a question here just very proud of myself, and my progress in automation. Anybody else feel this way?.

It's always nice to have those projects where you can sit back, look at your hard work making a difference, and feel that sense of achievement.

Well done (y)

Thank you.
I forgot to mention thank you to this forum for all the help!

Well, congrats.
Most of us here have been there.
Its nice to end a project on a high note, and not bloodied and battered, like it normally happens.
No small feat, really, since, with a 5/20, you're pretty much running without a net, support wise.

Well I am in the area regularily if changes are needed support wise and we do have spare cards and a spare processor, Altho I think the spare is a 5/15 and so I'd have to look into the differences more if we ever got there. noe the less we have 4 PLC 5s in this field and 8 Slc500s As well as a couple Modicon and 2 plants have Fisher ROC 364s. Most of the field are different types of ROC (312/364/FB407/FB503/FB103/FB107) but then I also have about 16 bristol RTUs as well. it keeps me busy lol. oh yeah and I recently found an ML1000 as well lol.

we also have Panelview/panelview+. Quick panels. Proface. and numerous scada packages as well. I am in the area week on week off.

To be honest, I haven't dealt with a RsLogix5000 since school... but since I am Learning I get the old stuff. new stuff goes to Senior guys lol

Its nice to end a project on a high note, and not bloodied and battered, like it normally happens.

I was refraining from saying it :ROFLMAO: It's been a while since I've walked away from a project without that feeling of being bloodied and battered.

Enter sales and management input on engineering.

I was refraining from saying it :ROFLMAO: It's been a while since I've walked away from a project without that feeling of being bloodied and battered.

Enter sales and management input on engineering.

I made the mistake of letting sales and management know that changes could be made in the field.

haha. so true thy this is what engineers/management thinks. lol

Design Engineers. My time is spent everywhere from the desk to site, and this mentality gets to me. It absolves the designers and applications people from any responsibility to make a quality product/solution.

Them: We can drive this conveyor back and forth to align the pallet!
Me: Why don't we use a pallet aligner to align the pallet? Oh right, because you guys don't want to put one on.

Why fix a problem properly with a welded bracket when you can create a half-a$$ed-kinda-works-mostly-the-same solution with only 16 hours of programming? Besides, brackets look ugly.

Design Engineers. My time is spent everywhere from the desk to site, and this mentality gets to me. It absolves the designers and applications people from any responsibility to make a quality product/solution.

Them: We can drive this conveyor back and forth to align the pallet!
Me: Why don't we use a pallet aligner to align the pallet? Oh right, because you guys don't want to put one on.

Oh man, so much truth in every post here Jeev. Someday if by remote chance you end up in the US, near Portland Oregon, beers on me. You and I would get along.

Congrats on the job well done dwsoft!