Multistate Indicators (Different subject matter)

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all

FTV 8.0, RSL5K.....

Is it possible to connect the visibility of a text box or a multi state indicator to a numeric input on the touch screen.

I would like to splash a text box ( or MSI) up to instruct on "Twenty four hour units only" when the operator touches the numeric input box.

I have checked the FTV User's manual and several other forums and searched this one as well, and I'm coming up short on an appropriate trigger idea.

Your time is greatly appreciated.

janner_10

Thank you for the response, and please pardon the argument,

The numeric display is writing to a (GEQ) instruction. Should the choice of tags be one that gets turned on?

In either case I believe you are confirming the visibility instruction has to come from within the PLC and cannot be a trigger from the HMI. Do I understand that correctly?

Would the expression {numeric display #} be a cause for visibility within the HMI.

Thank you the opportunity to explore this.

Last edited:
I beg everyone's pardon,

I have discovered, that the Numeric Input Enable Properties has a label tab that put the msg at the top of the numeric pad.

This will accomplish the communication with the operator I desired.