Tracking multiple object in real time

Martindag

Hey guys,

We are trying to put in place some way to track a warehouse of atleast 300 product. Each of them are pallets or Tote Tank basically in a racking and each of them have a space allocated for each of them.

We actualy have a antenna in these section that give a WIFI prety much everywhere i dont know if it could help.

We would like to be able to know when a product is in a bad Racking spot or simply Gone or Empty.

My IT department said it could be possible maybe to track object with a WIFI in a x,y,z environment. If we could also track where everything is going and when would be a big plus.

We are going to buy a Scada System also next week possibly if it could be a other option to monitor everything.

If you guys know any good product or have any great idea for doing this please let's me know !

The first idea we had is try to find some very small transmitter that could run on a battery and give a unique signal to our WIFI antenna or something.

The other idea, put some kind of detector on every racking space that could tell us when the product is there or not or if there is a product if its the good one or not...

Been able to track and datalog everything would be also the best
and give Alarm when a product is in a bad spot.

Thanks !