MeLSec GX Developer Software

markbray

Hello I'm new here. I have The MELSEC Series GPP Software (GX Developer)(Windows Based). I can back up programs for the AOJ2H PLC but not the AOJ2. When I try with the same settings for the AOJ2(that I used for the AOJ2H) it gives me a communication error.Does this software support the AOJ2? If so what setting do I need in order to back up the PLC programs ??
Thanks in advance for any help !!!

Hello markbray

You can not use the windos-software, you have to do it with the Melsec Medoc, witch is the DOS-software. But be aware of that you cant not use XP or 2000, you have to have a real DOS.

Dariusch

:) Thanks for the help !! I kind of suspected that was the case from some other information I found on the net !!

Trouble opening project in GX Developer

Hi! I´m programing on GX Developer for FX series PLC's and I intended to open a project received from a partner programmer. So when I opened the project on my PC it shows the attribute (read mode), meaning I can´t change the code or compile the program or write it to PLC o_O. I hardly tried to change this mode to the (Edit mode) exploring the main menu bar on GX software with no sucess.o_O
Does anybody know how to change this attribute to (Edit mode)?
It appears under "Edit" menu option on main bar, but you can not change it.

thanks

It could be password-protected. Try saving the program with a different name, and then opening the new program.