How to test a GFCI.

If the guy knew what would happen and had tested it, a good lawyer could get him off with disorderly conducy, or less.

regards.....casey

BTW: some off worst shocks I've receiver were from GFCI's.

Make sure the breaker is off when placing thumb on white line screw, and index finger on gold line screw to position GFCI into plaster ring. The current on the line side does not go through the sensory circuit, so all current passes in your hand, OUCH.

When placing said fingers on the load screws, if NO IMBALANCE appears, once again, OUCH! No Imbalance, No Trip!

GFCI will trip ONLY if some current from load HOT side passes to a ground point other then load neutral cuasing the imbalance.

Similar Topics

As many of us are involved in designing control panels as well as programming the PLCs that are installed in them, I have a customer who was cited...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using M221 reading from 3 different sensors (modbus rs485) sharing same bus (daisy chain). I am currently using READ_VAR (in total...
Replies
Views
I am trying motor startup with pf525 drive by using wizard start over ethernet communication but during direction test it's showing control error...
Replies
Views
See code at the bottom. Hi all. For the story, this is my first complete project using a Rockwell PLC, I've been mostly working with Unity Pro...
Replies
Views
My question is regarding the number of Test outputs vs the number of inputs in a module. In the case of a 1734-IB8S card, there are 4 test...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom