Mitsubishi Q-Series

sutton

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi all,

I had been given a new project where I'll be using PLC - mitsubishi Q series. i used FX series before, so the Q series look odd to me.

Can anyone tell me what is the main different of Q series and A or FX series?

i was given an example PLC program, there are many things that i dont understand as well. would you guys tell me where to get Q series instruction manual?

whats the different of relay L & M?

thank you :)

think of the difference between the FX and Q as the difference between the Control Logix and micrologix plc's
The Q is much more powerful than the FX, faster too.
best thing to do is look at the website www.mitsubishi-automation.com
Although the new FX2n is a very very powerful plc and I believe the FX3 out soon is even better the Q is a much more expandle and powerful unit. its in a different category to the FX range

My favorite new feature about Q-Series is the use of data bits as contacts or coils.

D1025.5
--| |--------------------------------------------------(D1026.8)-----

Tim

Tim said:
My favorite new feature about Q-Series is the use of data bits as contacts or coils. Tim

That one got my vote also!

Q, Fx, A, they are all the same. If you really see a lot of difference then you should look for another career.

Seriously, this is no way near the difference between CL and ML.

The Q has more functions. It can be programmed in the same way but with more stuff.

Take it easy. Write your program the same way you would with an Fx and when the software doesn't recognise what you do them look for the instruction in the book.

Serial COM module looks like it was developed by AB. It can do everything, page, send Fax, configure a modem (yes, the module configures the modem), dialup, network, and more. So if you only want to remote monitor you'll have a ball trying to configure it.

Beside estetic in program function, its THE SAME.

Also when you configure the CPU you can select for it to be an A serie. It will never see the difference.