how to display a input change on panelview plus

PELICAN

hello,

i am looking for the best way to be able to monitor in a list every time an input is changed(tempature or motor speed ect...) i only need a time stamp and from what to what the value was changed. ive done this before using alot of move and copy instructions in the plc and a long string for each state in the PV list. but i have alot more inputs to monitor on this program and would like to be able to set up some kind of data logging for this in the PV itself.

thanks alot

eric

Use the alarm display and uncheck the display box in the alarm set up. It will give you the time and event info. Unchecking the display box means the alarm screen wont pop up every time a event happens but it will show when you go to the alarm screen. You can rename the alarm screen to whatever you want.

Last edited:
Ok I thought about using the alarm history screen also but not sure how I can set it up so that when any of the inputs on the PV are changed it will transfer to the history screen to show the old and new set point along with what the name of it was. If I'm not being clear bear with me been a long day and trying to save myself hours of program time

You would have to add a expression to the tag in the trigger.
I did this at work and it works great.
If I wanted to monitor say,
I:1/1 the expression I would write would be ,
{tag_name}==1 would show up a message when it it true.
{tag_name}==0 would show up if it was false
The go to the messages screen and type your message.

Last edited:
That is a great way but my inputs that I need to monitor as a change log are going to be a lot of PID set points and VFD drive speeds none are actually tied physically to an input card

The customer basically just wants to see anytime a parameter is changed and what it was and changed to and from

I:1/1 the expression I would write would be ,
{tag_name}==1 would show up a message when it it true.
{tag_name}==0 would show up if it was false
The go to the messages screen and type your message.

Have you worked with FTVS-ME before? Just curious in case I need to make it simpler.

Yes I've worked with it before. So if I had a zone_1.sp I'm going to need to use a NEQ to to get the ==1 correct? I'm just not sure how to get the = 1 or = 0 do I need to use a rung in the program?

Operator changes a set point that will go to a PID or power flex drive speed input how do I write the expression either in FTVS or in studio 5000 to get a display to show me the time and the change to and from? This is a new way of doing this for me, in the past ive used a NEQ with some MOV and COP to send to an array tied to a Time stamp and then wrote a sting into a list Using the states in FTVS but it's a lot of program rungs for the 100+ things I need to monitor a change this go around and I'm just trying to find an easier way

Ok ok I see but your example shows zone 1 and zone 2 Is it possible to do this with just a zhanhe to zone 1? It is the PID sp that will be changed I don't think it's possible to use the actual temp as it is a scaled value not fixed

OK, Every thing that I have learned about FTVS-ME came from this sight and many others. Have you opened the manual yet?

You dont have to change any of your rungs

What you are doing is using the expression in ftvs that you make to compare some values that are in your logic program.

In your example you would use the scaled numbers address.
If {tag} is greater than 500 then 1 else 0. Remember, you are looking to see if the phrase of the expression is true

PELICAN 5.jpg