Transform Numeric input into Numeric display

eterc

Hello

I'm looking for a simple way to transform numericInput Fields into numeric Output.

I made several supervision screens with hudreds of parameters field .
Those fields are numericinput. Now I'ma asked to have the same screens but with only an display and no way for the user to change the value... Is there an "easy" wayt to transform those fields (or to leave the numericinput Field but in "read only" mode) ?

I dont want to have to redraw the same screens and take hours :-(

Tanks for your help

What platform is the display for example most HMI's all you do is copy the input screen then click on the fields & change them to display rather than data entry, it will depend on the HMI though, some you can simply change the format to read only, others you may have to replace the fields with display type, alternative is to make the fields password (level entry) protected so that only authorised people can change them.

Hi parky

Thanks for your answer
The screens are on factory talk view studio (and factroy talk supervision) .

I tried export to XML -> search and replace numericinput by numericdisplay but I ve errors xhen i try this.

I'm very new to factory talk (I was web developper before) and now I replace someone who left the company

Long time since I did FTV & it has changed considerably, however, perhaps others here could point you in the right direction, however, perhaps the simplest way is as I posted, just copy & re-name the graphic & edit the input/display properties of each field. xml files are sometimes difficult to modify in graphics in my experience, somethimes the format of objects although you think they are correct turn out to be different.

I don't have a way to test the behaviour of them right now (I no longer work in a place with FTView), but wouldn't changing the enable (or availability) to false achieve this?

Hello

I'm looking for a simple way to transform numericInput Fields into numeric Output.

I made several supervision screens with hudreds of parameters field .
Those fields are numericinput. Now I'ma asked to have the same screens but with only an display and no way for the user to change the value... Is there an "easy" wayt to transform those fields (or to leave the numericinput Field but in "read only" mode) ?

I dont want to have to redraw the same screens and take hours :-(

Tanks for your help

The "easy" solution would start by Duplicating the screens you want for "Display Only" then it should be as easy as changing the (Numeric Input Enable Properties) under Tab: Numeric > Pop-up settings and select <None>. This should accomplish what you want.

See Sceenshot for FTVStudio V13

FTVS_Numeric.PNG

Can you use security and permissions to achieve this? Only users with the correct security code could change the values. Everybody else is effectively read-only. Would still have to edit every tag and/or Numeric Input field, but probably better than building new graphics.

If you're using the xml export/import method, I'd try KuulKuum's advice. Test it first on a single display that has 2 otherwise identical numeric entries, one with "None" selected and the other with whatever you have selected on your displays. Then export it and find the differences. You might be able to then do a find & replace on your main file.