Cable for S7-200 and TD200C

Preeya

I have a very simple requirement. I am using a siemens S7-200 with TD200 text display unit. The cable that connects both is a simple direct 9 pin male to 9 pin male cable. But it measures 3m or so, I am looking at a cable not more than 1m in length... Where can I find such cable.. Unfortunately I cannot make a cable here..

Thanks for your time
Preeya

HI Preeya,

as you pointed, the cable is 3 meters supplied with the TD 200, I had to make a longer cable 10 meters actually, its straight D9 pins,I dont think siemens have 1 meter cable :( the cable is called TD/CPU cable, but its very easy to creat yout own, take note,that there are two kind of connections can be made, 1-) connection with power supply from plc to TD200, 2-) connection without power supply, and for that you use an external power supply.

here's the pins out diagram :cool:

untitled.jpg

Thanks for your reply Khalil... It looks quite simple to make...

But we require large quantities, do you know where I can get it? Is there somewhere I can buy this kind of cable??

Thanks again

hi Preeya,

I don't know where to buy it, as I creat my own cables, my advice to you is that, you look for a smole electronics shop in you area, they might make it for you in a cheap price. other wise you have to go with siemens TD/CPU cable which is a little bit expensive, of course the length as far as I know is 3 mtrs, I am just curious, why would you need it to be only 1 mtr long ??

regards.🍺

Hi Khalil,

Thanks for your help. The S7-200 PLC is mounted on a very small panel with the TD200 on the front. So 3m is a lot of wire to be stuffed inside the duct. So we are looking at buying a smaller cable.

What do you think of this from QVC. Is that the same kind of cable? I see one 1m in size. Or is fiber channel cables different?

Thanks again