LENZE 8200 invertor problems

Eelco

Hi All,

This is not really a PLC question but maybe someone can help me.

I have a LENZE 8200 invertor whitch has to run at 4 different fixed setpoints. I have configured E1 en E2 for JOG 1 to 3 en this works fine. However when both inputs E1 and E2 are low and input 28 (drive enable) is high the drive runs at minimum output freq. and i want it to run at an fixed freq.

I think the reason is because the analog input isn't connected. Does anyone know what paramaters i should change for a fixed setpoint.

(by the way I have used siemens, hitachi and danfoss invertors in the past and never had this kind of problemens)

It sounds like you want four fixed speeds and have only two inputs to get it done.

I would put your lowest fixed speed in as minimum speed and tie your analog input to the negative. That way you are sure you will get only minimum speed.

Set E1 active for fixed speed 2, E2 for fixed speed 3, and activate E1 and E2 simultaneously for fixed speed 4.

That way when no fixed speed inputs are active you will get fixed speed 1 with the remaining three speeds coming from the E1/E2 terminals.

Otherwise, for four speeds, you would have to have three input terminals E1, E2, E1+E2, and E3.

With this drive you have 6 possible speeds. There are 2 parameter sets with 3 speeds each.

Set C007 to 1

Your inputs to the drive will be as follows:

E4 = 0 (clockwise rotation)
E3 = 0 (use parameter set 1)

E1 E2
1 0 Parm set 1 speed 1
0 1 Parm set 1 speed 2
1 1 Parm set 1 speed 3

E4 = 0 (clockwise rotation)
E3 = 1 (use parameter set 2)

E1 E2
1 0 Parm set 2 speed 1
0 1 Parm set 2 speed 2
1 1 Parm set 2 speed 3

** If E1 and E2 are both 0 then no speed is selected.

Now you just set your JOG1, JOG2, and JOG3 speeds to whatever you want in both parameter sets. I think it's C037 - C039 but it's been awhile since I set one of these up.

Did this make it clear as mud? By the was 0 is 0v and 1 is +24vdc applied.

Best Regards,
Chris