S-domain, z-domain, time constants, OH MY!

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
The link below is for Engineers or Engineer wannabes. Students and rookies should not view this mind altering document until they know what the s and z domains are all about.

Low Pass Filter http://deltacompsys.com/out/Low Pass Rectangular.htm

I will answer questions and update the low pass filter document if it needs to be made clearer. I tried to explain the procedure using small steps as I hated college text books that skipped too mnay steps and said that the final derivation is an exercise for the student.

The info here is not unique. However, I have found no other place that present the information like this. I will consider this documented a good use of time if only 10 people read it and 5 people understand it.

I was just looking for something like this! I'm doing a conversion from an old Rosemount DCS to a GE 90-30. One of the Rosemount's functions is a first-order lag. I was trying to figure out how to implement this in ladder logic when I saw this post. Thanks!