Turck module

bill4807

Any experience with turck FEN20-16DXP?
I am using a few in a system. Originally I tested them all on my EIP network and all worked fine. After the panel builders installed them in all places now they all have errors on each individual module.
There are 4 LEDS on the module. Mine are now: Bus:solid green(is ok), Ether1: flashing green, (is ok), ERR:solid red (Not OK).
I can't find in the manuals what this light means.
Also in the module properties in my PLC it reads-minor fault (recoverable). But what's the fault?
Thanks alot!

Wow how did I miss that pamphlet.

I kind of was thinking along those lines earlier so I disconnected all the I/O wiring. And left only the module and aux 1 power. Still red. Maybe there is some way I need to reset it.?

Thanks for the document.

Cleeton,

Yes I did look at the registers and thought it looked fine.
I totally forgot about the webpage. I will connect to that tomorrow and see what it says.
I set these up about a month ago and then moved to another project, now am back and I guess need to refresh myself.

Netnathan,
Yes I like them as well in certain situations since they are about half the price of a point I/O setup with the same amount of I/O.

I actually figured my own problem out today. I was cutting off power to Aux 2 and 3 under certain situations for configured outputs by design, but I was still firing the outputs in my logic. Causing the fault on those specific channels. I just needed to block off the outputs when I isolated physical power too.
No power + output on EQ fault. Lol.

Have you checked the web page for it? Good info..
Yes, I had to remember to power both 24VDC power inputs when you power up the module..
Your problem is facing mine.... when E-Stop is pushed or 120/480V power fails..... I drop the 24VDC to my outputs (not my inputs). So I will have to deal with the fault.

Last edited:
Yes you will have to deal with it too.
That's why I use points 0-7 for inputs and the 8-15 for outputs because 0-7 that runs off aux pwr 1 which is also control power for the module electronics. You cannot shut that off because you will lose communication link.

Yes you will have to deal with it too.
That's why I use points 0-7 for inputs and the 8-15 for outputs because 0-7 that runs off aux pwr 1 which is also control power for the module electronics. You cannot shut that off because you will lose communication link.

Nice tip... on control of 24vdc, make sure to not shut off module electronics power...

Your power in layout is different than mine.

My TBEN-L5-16DXP has 2 power inputs.
Supply Power is:
V1 to 0-7 plus module power
V2 to 8-15

Your FEN20-16DXP has 3 power inputs
Supply Power is:
V1 to 0-7 plus module power
V2 to 8-13
V3 to 14, 15

Last edited:
When I mentioned the web page..I was referring to the IP address of the module (I believe your module supports web access).
Lots of module info plus troubleshooting, and you can even configure from there.