weigh transmitter span

SteveD

S
Guys, I have load cell connected to a display which works. I have been given a resister that I can use to span my display instead of loading up 20T. My question is where do I connect the resister to simulate the change in load cell? across signal+ and -? or exc+ and signal-? your options are Exc+ and -, sense+ and - and signal + and -
Thanks
Steve D

All of the above.

Most load cells are part of a Wheatstone Bridge circuit, and the output is mV per Volt of excitation. If you are going into a strain guage sensor you need to provide a mV signal. That means you need to put your excitation across the bridge, and have the resistors sized to give you about 0-10 mV.

An easier way to go is to use a simulator that will output mV directly.

It's been a while since I've done this, but I'm sure others will correct where my memory failed.