eztouch and DL06 "recipe object"

JimR

I'm using an EZ-Touch panel to control a number of DL06's. When I trigger a recipe object to turn on a relay ie. C1 . I can't seem to turn it off with a RST C1 in my ladder logic. Any idea why this is happening?? I thought I could turn it on with the recipe and off with the PLC logic.
Jim

Is it possible the recipe bit stays on once activated? The plc may be trying to do a reset but the recipe is keeping it set.

I thought the recipe object just sent data to the PLC and released control once the data was sent. Can anyone else confirm this?

I am not familiar with that specific touchscreen but with most the bit can be momentary or maintained depending on how you set it. If you can monitor the ladder while its running you should be able to see if the rung for the SET is staying active.

Another thing that could happen is if C1 is used multiple times in the program...ie another recipe may have set C1 on and is keeping it on.

No I don't have a choice. I can either set the bit on or off with the recipe object and no this is the only object turning these particular bits on. Still confused...
jim

If I reset the PLC with the eztouch panel connected after I've pressed the recipe button C1 is deactivated (in other words it doesn't appear as if the "SET C1" command is being continually broadcast) however if I press the recipe button without resetting the plc ,the plc can't reset the contact via ladder logic. The recipe object appears to be the only way that I can send a command to a number of PLCs with one touch so I'm stuck using it. It would be nice if I could stack buttons so one press could activate a number of buttons at once but no luck. I may go with a Maple Systems panel next time so I can have this feature. Any ideas how I can solve this problem with EZ-Touch.

I tried looking at the programming manual for the EZ touch, I hope what you get with it is better than what I found online.

I have kept this high hoping those with more experience using the EZ touch would jump in.

I dont know enough of the details to understand why it will not reset, shouldnt matter how C1 is set the ladder should be able to reset C1. You may want to try using one shots to Set and Reset C1, the one shot instruction is PD. This may help eliminate activation from another source if there is one.

Thanks so much for looking into this. This morning with a fresh head I found a problem with my logic. I'm trying "stage programming" for the first time and that is where the problem was. Sorry for making folks scratch their head needlessly.