Aliases in EZ3/EZTouch

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
My company is working toward standardizing HMI panels. EZTouch is the brand that has been chosen to go to. (I was not part of the debate on which brand, I have only been here 1.5 months) I do however push that we start ordering the newer EZ3 series.

Now to the actual problem.
We currently have a ControlLogix (will have to model later) run by a Red Lion HMI via Ethernet. We wish to replace the Red Lion with an EZ3. The PLC program contains both tags and aliases that the Red Lion has no problem using (was imported with .L5K file).

When I created (exported tags) the ControlLogix tag File to be imported into the EZ3 panel all tags and aliases were listed in the file. However when I go to assign aliases to objects in the EZTouch software the aliases do not show anywhere in the program where all tags do show. Is there someway I can get around this without having to go into the PLC program and redo all the aliases?
As you can probably guess I am fairly new to PLCs

Also I can not get the EZTouch to respond on IP to the best of our knowledge the settings are correct, however, I cannot ping or detect the panel from a laptop.

hopefully fixed

My company is working toward standardizing HMI panels. EZTouch is the brand that has been chosen to go to. (I was not part of the debate on which brand, I have only been here 1.5 months) I do however push that we start ordering the newer EZ3 series.

Now to the actual problem.
We currently have a ControlLogix (will have to model later) run by a Red Lion HMI via Ethernet. We wish to replace the Red Lion with an EZ3. The PLC program contains both tags and aliases that the Red Lion has no problem using (was imported with .L5K file).

When I created (exported tags) the ControlLogix tag File to be imported into the EZ3 panel all tags and aliases were listed in the file. However when I go to assign aliases to objects in the EZTouch software the aliases do not show anywhere in the program where all tags do show. Is there someway I can get around this without having to go into the PLC program and redo all the aliases?
As you can probably guess I am fairly new to PLCs

In the case someone else comes along with this issue, I believe I have found a fix. Modify the .csv file so it reads TAG instead of Alias, and the data type to the appropriate type. EZTouch will accept them. Panel still will not communicate over Ethernet so will be a bit before I can fully test the idea