Rslinx

sandymax

Dear all,
I am having problem with RSLINX
I am having RSLogix5000 working normally , i need to install Rslogix
500 for one my projects so my PC is having Rs logix 5000 and 500
when i run RSLINX is is showing Server Busy
i had reinstall Rslinx 2.41 but still problem is their ?
Pls help me to solve this problem

regards
sandeep

I don't know RSLogix 5000, but it seems like most A-B comm drivers take control of your port and don't relinquish it. When you re-boot the driver comes back on. Very rude program behaviour in my opinion.

I believe the 5000 and 500 comm drivers are different. Check your icons and shut down the 5000 drivers, then try starting the correct RSLinx manually. Check the status of the comm port using "My Computer" - assuming Windowws XP is your OS.

In one case I was trying to hook up to a GE PLC. I had removed RSLinx from the start-up services, and the RSLinx icon was not showing. When I checked the commport status in my computer it showed it as running as "Allen Bradley DH-485". I had to delete the comm port, and then re-boot. XP found the port, initialized it, and then I could run the GE comm driver.

Tom Jenkins said:
I believe the 5000 and 500 comm drivers are different.

Sort of. It's all in the baud rates, pretty much.

If you're using the RS232 DF1 driver for programming, you're going to need to reconfigure it. Set the device type to SLC-CH0/Micro/Panelview for RSlogix 500 and try the autoconfigure button. You'll need to have the PLC connected and any other serial drivers turned off, of course.

AK