Echoing thru Hyperterminal

10dulkar

I am trying to troubleshoot communication between RS-232/Devicenet converter and a micrometer.

I think the converter is not outputting the ASCII string I want it to. It might be a byte swap issue or something else.

I am looking for help on how to echo the data coming out of the conveter.

I thought doing it through Hyperterminal should be easy where I can hook up the communication link from the converter to the RS-232 port on my PC. But even after going through the settings I am not seeing anything coming to the terminal. I know the converter is outputting the data because I can see the transmit LED go off.

I went through port settings and ASCII properties and they seem fine. What am I missing? Or any other way I can look at the string coming out?

Thanks for your help...

You might need a null modem adapter in the RX and TX link depending on whether the RS232/Devicenet converter is DTE or DCE.

Solution was the one suggested by you, but the other way around. I was using a null modem cable when I dont need one.. :)

Thanks for the pointer!