S5 plc, timer value

steen.bill

Hi All...

Siemens S5 STEP5 software.

How can i transfer the current timer status to a DW?
I would like to read current value for calculating timers preset.

Bill,

very simple. If you want it in KF format (Integer) then you use the instructions
L Tx
T DWy
If you want the value in a timer format (KT) then you use
LC Tx
T DWy

It's all in the manual!

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

S5

Hello Jean.

I know. That are for preset a timer, i want to read a current timer value, not to write/load a preset.

Ex.
A I 6.0
L KT 100.2
SD T2

When I 6.0 are 1,
i would like to read the current value in T2 (from 100 --> 0)
How this?
If i use T DW i get ei. KT 100.2

Bill

Bill has the correct approach for you. You need to know that the load instruction is unconditional in S5. So you will have to get tricky with the timer read. For example:

A I6.0............If the input is on
jc=read...........go do the timer read....else
l kf 0............get a zero and
t dw x............clear the count register
beu...............then end
READ:
l T...............get the timer value
t dw x............and save in the count register.
be................then end

This just an example of how I would handle your task. There are as many ways to do this as there are programmers. You may not want to clear the count register and just leave the last value or set it to full count but keep in mind once you take to loading the value conditionally you will have to manage that data when you are not scanning the timer.

Regards
Lenny

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry to say, I can't help you, 'cause no Siemens experience.

I'm not going to start another thrashing - bear in mind - I love all PLC's.

Just wan't to thank Miss.ACC . I can imagine how miserable my life would be, without you.