how can this problem solve?

adzlan

i just finish my task on plc.....then i had to submit the task with uncomplete solution ....the situation is....

i have made ladder diagram for a driller system to drill 2 holes ....then in sequences process the drill will get hot and suppose to shut down for 5 minutes .Then it will start again . Can someone help me with that..... as i know the timer only triggered after the sensor detected temp over 100`c then it will shut the drill and start it back after 5 minutes...how can the drill start it back after 5 minutes? help with ladder diagram.....thanx a lot :cool:

Your 'crusin for a brusin'.

Have you ever worked on these systems?

No, of course you've not.

But you need help, you sound 'rushed'.

Take more time to think, write properly, think again, write properly, think again, go to chruch (is it due tomorrow?), say your prayers.

Just give us more information. Tell/show what you have done.

Johnny

I haven't figured out how to draw a ladder here, so bear with me...
If you must have it time based, then:
Use a GREATER THAN/ EQUAL TO statement from the temperature sensor to latch a bit. This bit stops the process, and also triggers a TIMER ON command. The timer times for 300 seconds (5 minutes) and when the done bit is set, unlatches the bit.
Real world, time base sucks for this kind of control. The temperature surrounding your driller will play a huge factor in the time it takes to cool down. What I would do is:
Use a GREATER THAN/ EQUAL TO statement from the temperature sensor to latch a bit. This
bit stops the process. It becomes unlatched when the temperature is LESS THAN, say, 90 celcius.