Help solve problem

yoshi

the logic will detect a if a part has been ejected from a stamping press. the program monitors a N.O. switch that is mounted on a cam which is part of the brake assembly on the press. when the cam flywheel returns to top dead center and no part was detected, a jam is signaled.
1. the AUTO/MAN switch is set to AUTO, voltage is applied to I:1.0/01, and the process will start.
2. the cam flywheel starts at top dead center and the switch, I:1.0/00 is in the normal position.
3. as the cam flywheel begins to turn, the switch, I:.0/00 is actuated and will remain actuated until the cma flywheel returns to top dead center.
4. after the dies separate,an ejector pin pushes the stamped part down a discharge chute and past a normally open sensor, I:1.0/02, that detects the part. A detected part turns on Binary output, B3/1 until the cam cycle is done.
5. when the cam flywheel is back at top dead center and if no part has been detected, the binary output, B3/3, is turned on. This is the signal to disengage the flywheel and stop press motion. Binary output, B3/3 is turned off when the AUTO/MAN switch, I:1.0/1 is in the MAN position.
6. to reset the jam, the AUTO/MAN switch must be returned to MAN, no voltage at I:1.0/01. when returned to AUTO, the process restarts.
7. B3/3 must be set when no part has been detected and the flywheel is back at top dead center.
INPUTS SYMBOL DESCRIPTION
I:1.0/00 CAM_SWITCH N.O. CAM SWITCH ON PRESS FLYWHEEL
I:1.0/01 AUTO_MAN AUTO MAN SWITCH, AUTO-CLOSED MAN-OPENED
i:1.0/02 PART_DETECT PART DETECT EJECTOR SENSOR FOR THE STAMPING CLEAR PRESS
INTERNALS SYMBOL DESCRIPTION
B:3/0 CAM_IN_CYCLE PRESS IS NOT AT TOP DEAD CENTER
B:3/1 PART_DETECTED PART HAS BEEN DETECTED
B:3/2 CAM_CYCLE_DONE PRESS IS AT TOP DEAD CENTER,CYCLE DONE
B:3/3 JAM_NO_PART NO PART HAS BEEN DETECTED BY THE SENSOR

I'm having problems determining what the auto/man switch turns on. This is in RSLOGIX 500. can someone please help solve this or the whole thing, please post the .rss into a zip file or send it to my email. I have other questions but the first rung is confusing.

From what I can see, the auto/man switch disables the automatic cycle and clears the jam signal.

Any provisions for safety interlocks when removing the jammed bit?

Your description does not include the outputs. These would be at least 'flywheel brake release' and 'part eject'

From the description this appears to be a student/learning exercise as there would be much more involved (safety among other things) in a real-world application.

The forum standard for this type of question is for you to present the RSS file (in zip form) of what you have written so far and what problems you are having. Answers from forum members will be leading questions to make you think and come to your own answers for better learning. Welcome to the forum.

As we all know by now, for students, only the PLC INPUTS count for any consideration or respect. Students for some reason always start with the Inputs, and completely ignore the only part of the PLC that DOES any physical actions (the OUTPUTS).

He seems to regard the B3 bits as outputs. Of course, they can always be transferred to physical outputs. I note a lack of means to engage/disengage the flywheel.

Yoshi: You'll need to create a JAM_DETECTED signal somehow. How would you go about it, and where should it act? You already have all the inputs you need.