what is an HR (omron PLC)

Ken44

Can anyone tell me what an HR is... Holding Relay?
does it stay on untill toggled? Does an HR input toggle it each time it closes? I'm very new to Omron PLC's and my last dealings with a PLC was 8 or 10 years ago in a classroom with a TI435 (Texas Instruments) and a small dos program (TI405). I'm trying to figure out if a button on a touch screen is pressed if I use an HR if the output stays on until pressed again. Right now I have (offline) 2 timers 1 counts to 1 and sets the output on and the second counts to 2 and resets them both, and turns the light off.
Its not really my job, but I am the curious type and have thought about volunteering to help the guy who is not wanting to do his job. I may talk to him and see if the guy who formerly held his position left a copy of the program that I can look over. I don't think the new guy knows much more than I do, but at least he has the equipment and software.

Thanks,
Ken

The holding relay area can be used on a bit or word basis. Like the Data Memory area, the Holding Relay area is memory retentive at all times, powered or un-powered. The program is the only thing that will turn a Holding Relay on or off.

thanks .. again!

Thanks again for all the help. I had some sample programs... actually I think that one was in the manual or an e-book that I read.. had me put it in a program with out a clue why...

I think I will offer to help the IT "professional" out with his programming... at least in the robot area, now that I have a guy helping me with keeping them running.

By the way all the PLC does in our setup is count parts for each shift (set up for 3 shifts - we have 2 with ours starting in the middle of what used to be 2nd - rolls over during our shift) turn on a green light if it is in play mode and running, a yellow light if the robot welder needs a tip (comes on about 3 times as much as they should - we reset the light until the operator says they need one or about every 3 or 3.5 hours which ever comes first), red light if the robot stops, or the operator manually turns it, a blue light that the operator can turn on if they need stock, and a white light to call a supervisor (joke because they never look up)most of the lights are as simple as turn input x on and output y comes on. I think I'm about to get the hang of the PLC... Now to start on the touch screens. LOL

Thanks again,
Ken

Welcome abroad,

Just to add on to what Bob mentioned -

Apart from triggering from a touch screen, ie, when programmed to trigger the output by any other means, HR bits will retain its status only when using a "Keep" or "Set/Reset" functions in the PLC. Please explore more.

hr.jpg

Thanks

Thanks again.
When I set out I was trying to prove a point to a co-worker. That the program couldn't be that hard even if the IT guy had to reprogram the PLC and supposedly all he has to do is download the program back on the PLC (assuming they have a copy)But as I dig it appears it might be a little more complicated than I thought. The PLCs are Omron C200Hx's and thre inputs are from a touchscreen (NT620C)not through the input card (ID212)well some are through the input card. Odds are pretty good too that some have the inputs on the first channel and some have the outputs first - nothing else around there is standardised. I may have to eat a little crow on this one. I guess if I really want get involved I need to see if I can get a copy of the program from the guy and maybe work with him a little.

Thanks again,
Ken

Related to the above example of Lamp 1 ... what is the difference with these rungs?
hrbit0ro.jpg

Once ON, HR10.02 stays ON after cycling power. Is it because the NC is not a direct input?