Scroll thru statuses

Hi
I've got a multistate indicator that can show upto 10 or so states for my machine. Is there a neat and tidy way of scrolling through all active states. At the minute, I just prioritise them in the PLC before sending to the hmi.

pp

I thought the purpose of a multi-state indicator was to show the current state of something, with the states either being mutually exclusive or prioritized. If you want to see the each state, why not create a new indicator for each of the states and only make them visible when active? BTW, what HMI are you using?

I aggree with wilheldp.
Normale there can only one active state at a time, otherwise it wouldnt be a "state".
Can it be that there are several different properties that you are trying to display with only one indicator ?
Is it a number of interlocks that can release or inhibit a state ?
Or.. ?

I could have two active states. Example low raw materials and product building back at outfeed. As I say, I prioritize now, but rather than have a lot of 2 state windows, I thought it might be nice to show each active state for a couple of seconds.

I'm using a PanelView on this project, but I'm working on a generic method that I can use on other platforms.

pp

The logic for this is done for ControlLogix, but it will work on anything. It uses a counter and some timers to scroll through the active alarms on a piece of equipment. This actually stores the messages in a string array on the ControlLogix, because we did not want to have to recompile the PV+ program if we added any new diagnostic states. Plus we have PLENTY of excess memory on the CLX.

See the attached Acrobat file.

Darren