Plc And Gsm

The Engineer

T
i have plc which is S7300 and GSM (mc35i) from siemens... my gsm will be connected to the plc so the plc will send a messge to the gsm modem and the gsm modem will send it to another gsm modem which is connected to a pc. so i want to use ladder programming for that plc to send and recieve messeges from the gsm (mc35i). can you help me becuase on the net i didn't find any material. i wish i can have help please!

I have done this with mitsubishi plcs in ladder. If the program would be any help ill send it on any help ill send it on.

i've done that project, but i work on omron plc. I used microcontroller as bridge to communicate GSM and PLC. ATcommand from handphone is translated by microcontroller via serial and plc read from plc via parallel.

jim5 said:
I have done this with mitsubishi plcs in ladder. If the program would be any help ill send it on any help ill send it on.
Dear Sir
Pl let me know , how to use / connect Wavecom GSM to Mitsubishi PLC Fx using Rs232 BD card ?

Mangal

Hello Engineer;

Siemens suggests using their Teleservice adapter and Teleservice software to establish the link with GSM modems and their S7 PLCs. You can have a description and further links on the following Siemens webpage:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/-snm-0135109872-1110474974-0000002412-0000000518-1110628582-enm-WW/llisapi.dll?query=gsm+modem&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=4000024

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Mangal,
You can use AT commands to communicate between the modem and the Plc. You Can use these commands in hyper terminal. (this is to set up and test your modem). Then you must use a program in the plc to send the Commands automatically.
If you tell me were exactly your at (or were your having problems) ill help you.

For setting up the modem in hyper terminal using AT commands. the following will help.
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul416/PLC/Modem.pdf

Queen said:
i've done that project, but i work on omron plc. I used microcontroller as bridge to communicate GSM and PLC. ATcommand from handphone is translated by microcontroller via serial and plc read from plc via parallel.

Can You give me the example mr. Quinn ? so send me to : [email protected]. Saya gunakan PLC Scadapack sama Quantum. Udah pernah nyoba belom ? Trims