Learning RSView

RayK

for learning purposes, just wondering if its possible to connect to my testbench Micrologix 1000analog, I have RSLinx OEM, RSlogix500 and RSView32. everything i've tried has just given the "Driver not configured error". Just had a thought maybe its something to do with WindowsXP SP2???

If the ML1000 talks DF1, you should be able to communicate thru RSLinx to RSview. Have you connected the ML1000 to the serial port of the RSLinx computer with a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable and autoconfigured the RS-232 DF-1 driver in RSLinx?

XP SP2 and rs links for rs view has issues!!

Read the read me on the RS view CD for the knowledge base on it...

Yes Have auto configured and can communicate and download programs to the Micrologix via RSlogix500.

Maybe will try and transfer everything over to a spare win98 machine i have on standby!

Last edited:
RayK said:
Yes Have auto configured and can communicate and download programs to the Micrologix via RSlogix500.

Maybe will try and transfer everything over to a spare win98 machine i have on standby!

not 100% sure but almost that RSView wont run on 98.. Did you check out the knowledge base for XP with SP2?

Can you zip your project and attach it and I will see what I can do. I don't have sp2 installed because I have heard it can cause problems. I have a ML1000 on my test bench along with a ML1500 for what its worth.

Bob

Yes seem like im one version down on both Linx and Rsview32 to operate succesfully on WinXP + SP2 ! , so may have to put on the backburner for now, thanx all for the help