Best model for S7-1200 home learning

Ok so researching this, I reckon the 6ES7211-1AE40-0XB0 fits my needs. However, when I compare data sheets from RS vs the siemens website, I find two different spec's for the same part number. One lists the firmware as v4.2 and requires TIA v14 or newer. The other lists the firmware as v4.5 and requires TIA v17 and lists opc UA etc.

My question is, is this exactly the same hardware but the firmware can be updated within TIA in a similar way to flashing a Compact Logix to the required version?

Just checked and the one I've been using at work is v4.4 so I assume as long as I buy a 1200 cpu, it can be re-flashed to the required firmware?

https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/WW/Catalog/Product/6ES7211-1AE40-0XB0

https://docs.rs-online.com/1b13/0900766b81639d61.pdfb81639d61.pdf

Older models , you couldn't flash the firmware to v4.x
Some of the v3.x ones.
I believe anything that comes with v4.x can be upgraded/flashed to a newer v4.x firmware.

Apologies if people already wrote any of this. The 1211 version is limited in that you can't connect expansion units to it, you might not care, that is fine.
Some plusses and minuses:
Expansion units allow you to add extra inputs/output/analogue.
Analogue inputs can read things like voltage and current. The base PLC does have a couple of analogue inputs built in, but they are limited to voltage and lower resolution. Analogue outputs let you control things that need a variable input.
Solid State outputs can switch quickly, so you can do Pulse Width Modification, and Pulse Train Outputs. You can use these to control a stepper motor or the heating on a system.
Solid State outputs can only switch low currents.
Relay output can't switch quickly but can switch higher currents and voltages.
The Solid State output versions of the PLC need a 24V d.c. supply.
The Relay output versions use a 230V a.c. supply, i.e. you connect them to the mains.

My choice would be the 6ES7212-1AE40-0XB0
It allows for expansion.
Has more work memory than the 1211, so you can do bigger programs.
Allows you to play with stepper motors and things that need quick switching outputs.
You can add analogue expansion ins and out.
But it does cost £73 more than the 1211 version.