Exporting String Text in RSLogix500

Bob O

I have tried to export the text in a string file to .csv using the export tool in RSLogix500 but the text doesn’t show up but ST18:0….etc. does. I don’t have a symbol or description associated with each address, just string text.

Should I be able to export the string text and if so, what am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

[font=&quot]Bob O.[/font]

Try using the save as function with the save database as external files option. Then according to the help files:
.SLC Library files. These processor memory files in the form of ASCII files contain the ladder logic, data table files , and force tables for complete programs or partial programs.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002

Ken,
I tried to look into this but can't seem to find the save database as external files option.

Thanks Again,
Bob O

Click on File, then save as:

SAVE_AS.jpg

Then select the external option.

Thanks Ken.

I tried the “save as” method as you suggested but ended up opening Excel and RSLogix500 and doing a copy and paste for each string.

Thanks Again,

Bob O.