Files Too Close Together......

BIGE

Sounds strange.....but it's true. I have a RSL500 program that was written by a vendor. When the ladder files were numbered, they did not leave any room for expansion, (i.e.--1,2,3,4,etc., not 10,20,30,40, as it should have been). Now we would like to add some equipment. The program is set up with about 80 subroutines. They are grouped logically enough. I realize I could add the new stuff at the end of the program but it would make a mess out of a relatively organized setup. Is there a way to change the file numbers? My idea is to add a zero to all of them, turning 1 into 10, 2 into 20,etc. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Eric

Do you mean the rung numbers? If yes, then just start adding rungs. It will automatically renumber them for you... :cool:

🍻

-Eric

I've done what you're asking before. Create the new ladder file 40, then right click on the 4 file and select copy, highlight the 40 file and select paste, you'll get a warning about existing data, click ok. File 40 and file 4 now contain the same data. Find the JSR for file 4 and change it to 40, then right click on file 4 and delete it.
Repeat as required

rdrast said:
Don't get too crazy, the SLC's only support up file numbers from 2 to 255.

Yeah, I found that out when I tried the first one. Thanks for the help guys. I think I will add another processor instead of a remote rack. I will still have communication through DH+ and will have stand alone capabilities. It may work out for the best after all.

Eric