Conditional DDE Block Read

sparky64

Hi

I'm trying to read a block of 10 values from a plc, based upon time or a signal from the plc. I have managed to setup the links and have used the VBa function in excel so when i manually run the vba macro from the macro start button, i read the 10 values no problem, but how do i automate this, so that, say at 7:30am, 3:30pm & 11:30pm the macro will run and read the values in to the excel spread sheet.

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Sparky

The simplest way may be to use Windows Scheduler (in Control Panel on 2000/XP) to launch excel with a startup macro to read the values, save the workbook, and close it.

HI rdrast

thanks for the reply.

I was going to do it that way, but thought there must be a better way of doing it, as that way relies on someone saving the spreadsheet, and as this is going to be for operators to use, i don't want them to have to do anything at all, just view the spreadsheet when they want information.

cheers
Sparky

It doesn't have to rely on someone saving the spreadsheet...you can have the excel macro take care of that too.