Crimson 3.1 Conditional images & Buttons have a delayed display

jacquesp

Hi

I have a Crimson 3.1 project which have conditional images and buttons managed by parameters shared with a PLC across a Modbus interface.

What I find is when moving back and forth between screens the conditional images/Buttons do not always display immediately and takes the odd second or so before they display.

When I add the controlling parameters for images/buttons to the "Watch Window" to see if they some how change state, thus causing the behaviour. The relevant buttons and images I'm monitoring stop exhibiting the behaviour and constantly display as I would expected.

When I turn the monitoring off they again from time to time have a delayed display time before the conditions for display seems to kick-in

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rather than just having the values on the one screen, have them on the screens before and after. They don't have to show on screen, you can set visibility to False. Then because the values are already in memory there isn't a delay as you go to the next screen.

You might also put some complex code in the screen's "on open" event that reads the tags in question. Like "tag1 = tag1;" or similar. Or try lowering the screen's update time (don't remember if that's a per-screen setting or if it's global...).