DeviceNet

Hi

I am using AB ML1500 with the 1769 SDN scanner. One Master and one slave.

I read on ODVA website that devicenet requires that a connection with a node must be established before data can be exchanged.

I have seen this with my fluke oscillscope when using Explicit messageing. The request to connect and the response...not sure if it was a UCMM or a Group 2 Unconnected Port.

When I tried to capture a COS I saw only two data frames...I suspect one was my actual data but the other one I am not sure?....was it unconnected message manager(UCMM) or a Group 2 unconnected port...I thought these frames were only used for Explicit messageing.

Does anyone know what happens when you use COS, POLLED, CYCLIC.

Thomas

Similar Topics

Hello, It's been a while since I posted a question on this forum. We will convert iFM ASi gateway AC1308 (DeviceNet) into iFM ASi AC1424...
Replies
Views
Hi. We've been asked to do an upgrade on plant, consisting on a PLC upgrade. This involves replacing a 1747-SDN module to a 1769-SDN, in a network...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have above mentioned VFD which is communicating to my control logix(L62) plc using devicenet DNB scanner(plc side) and 20-comm-D card...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to migrate some of our Electronic Overloads off of a Troublesome Devicenet Segment. Is there any documentation confirming the...
Replies
Views
We've run into an old system that we are upgrading which is still running Steeplechase with Citect using Devicenet to Wago. I had some experience...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom