To say Thank You

BoxerBrats

Wanted to say Thank You to all for their help

I loaded my first analog program in today, and ran it through test, and all worked good

Wanted to dance a jig, and grab everyone to say come and look. Sadley most dont realise all it takes to do this

I did, and was a proud pappa to see it come to life

So once again THANK YOU ALL, and what a great site for information and help

Ahh yes, the joy of programming. Only programmers know how much work goes into projects.

Customer - "It took you how long to program that pump turning on and off?"

Tark - "Turning the pump on and off is the easy part, it's the what if's that take a long time to program."

Tark,

Yes, I often say that it is easy to write logic to DO something. The difficult part is trying to keep it from NOT DOING all the infinite number of things that can lead to a catastrophe.

Have we discovered Murphy's Law of PLC Programs?

Original quote from Captain Edward A Murphy, Jr. at Edwards Air Force Base circa 1949:
"If there are two or more ways of doing something, and one of those ways can lead to a catastrophe, then someone will do it"

Murphy's Law of PLC Programs:
"If there are 10 or more ways of writing the logic, and 01 of those ways can lead to a catastrophe, then someone will do it"

Last edited:
That is what I call my "Master of the Universe" feeling. It is what keeps you going, sometimes. (That, and being to dumb to quit!)

Have more faith ! , Belive in yourself , why should it NOT work ? the next thing is to make it serviceable and refine it - though maybe you already have - the guy from rectum or wherever it is may have bought some licensed software buy that time - or at least understood when to have kept his big welsh trap shut.

YOU read it again - I wasn't posting anything other than congratulations - and the guy should have more faith in himself - if you don't believe in yourself , then the chances are you will fail . So , no apology necessary .

Ripping off software is the cheap-charlies way of making it difficult for others to compete.

Fred Floggle said:
Have more faith ! , Belive in yourself , why should it NOT work ? the next thing is to make it serviceable and refine it - though maybe you already have - the guy from rectum or wherever it is may have bought some licensed software buy that time - or at least understood when to have kept his big welsh trap shut.

What are you going on about you thick ****?
I have a nice collection of LICENSED software....
You may speak the language but I don't think you com-pre-h-end, it must be my accent.

As I was stating to BoxerBrats; if people don't see you sweating, stressing, worrying, pulling hair out, etc... then people do not realise that your success included learning and understanding. People don't share in successes of others in what they don't understand. BoxerBrats contacted knowledgable persons via this site to improve on the knowledge he had. He has become a more knowledgable person and succeeded in accomplashing his task. Well done to him. I'm sure he will return next time to offer advice and direction from what he has learnt. So once again, well done BoxerBrats.

Now, Fred, what's this snipe about software and a big welsh trap?
Are you getting me mixed up with someone else or are you having a bad day and picking on somebody with an accent?
What's up? Please explain your snipe?

Quote from WINDOWS BASED S5 SOFTWARE

"The cheap charlie deserves what he gets - ebay trash , and has the cheek to use a Jack flag , though that means nothing now . If the software is original licensed , I will eat my underpants. Someone actually pays for S5 ?

Is the software Windows or DOS based ? You F**king ****.
What cable ? the one for yout fu*king immersion heater , which one did you think ? what did you buy it for if you can't even spell "ENGINEER""

I take you are against 'bootlegging' - so am I in certain ways. All my software is licensed - all original stuff. I do not have S5 software although I use it it work.

What's with the '... big welsh trap..' snipe?
Where's the gripe come from? Anti-UK, perhaps?
Chill.

Regards

Richie, Wales, UK

Both of you are out of hand. Fred, stop hijacking other peoples threads to further your own agenda. I am sure that most people here 'get it' when it comes to your views concerning software licensing.

We all write software here. We are all aware of the right and the wrong way of doing business.

David