Thank you, Rockwell...

Thanks guys for all the replies, it is nice to chat with like minded people. Yes, in my case it is a developers Toolkit.

I really got a kick of out tragically1969's remark that at least Rockwell gives us a message (just when I thought they did everything better in the UK lol!)

On a more serious note, jstolaruk mentioned he thought the expiration clock is related to when the software was purchased, so maybe I'm not doing myself any favors by purchasing immediately.

Thanks for comments!

Expiration clock is 365 days from time of activation of the first license in the toolkit. So here's a lesson that we learned the hard way last year:
DO NOT activate as soon as you receive your new licenses. Wait for your old ones to expire. Last year, we had a member of our toolkit activate his 2015 license while the 2014 was still active, which caused all of our licenses to expire a full month earlier than it did the previous year, so we lost a full month worth of time we paid for.

Last edited:
Well that explains why my GE customers are so happy with what GE charges and the ease by which the updates are done. :)

I agree... I also get my notifications for my GE CSN renewal over a month ahead of time.

Usually Wonderware is also good about notifying me about customer support renewal.
They notify me so far ahead that I sometimes forget to renew....Why..I want to take the most advantage of my current contract.
I think they notify early to make money. Your contract is 1 year from renewal....not when the previous contract expires.

Last edited: