GEFanuc and Modbus TCP

Sebastien

I have a GEFanuc 9030 with a CMM321 talking Modbus TCP to 5 remote nodes (Beckhoff).
The problem is that with a single node enabled, I can read/write in about 0.25 seconds (read is 0.125s and the write is 0.125s). Not fast but acceptable. If I enable a second node, the speeds drops to 0.4 second per node. With all five nodes, it can be between 1 and 1.5 seconds. Way too slow.
I did extensive testing and troubleshooting.
I am now sure that the bottleneck is the CMM321 card. It seems to have a very limited bandwith and shares the bandwith with all active connections. Up to 16 channels can be configured. I'd hate to see the scan time on a systemwith 16 channels enabled
My rep is helping me but I would like to know what kind of scan time other users are getting with Modbus TCP.
If you have a similar setup and it communicates faster, please let me know how you did it.