RSVIEW 32 How do i clear a trend?

AndrewB

can anyone tell me how to clear the standard trend in RSview32?

Im struggling to find a command for it...

Depends. If the Trend is a Native Trend object, you can just close the graphic screen that the trend is on....unless, the graphic screen is set up to cache into memory or was opened by a command like the following.... Display (your screen name here) /Z
or Display (your screen name here) /ZA

/Z instructs the screen to be cached,
/ZA caches the screen AND up dates the trend even if the screen is not in the foreground.

The command... flushcache (your screen name here)

will clear the trend so that the next time it is brought up with the Display command, it will start from scratch plotting the pen values.

Craig

okey dokey

ok I've got it sussed now.

What im doing is opening all my pages with trends as overlays with a startup script and not caching the pages.

When my trend is finished on a particular page im printing the trend , closing the graphic and reopening it which clears it out...

bit of a round about way, but it saves me using activex

Thanks for the reply!

It's probably actually easier using TrendX! I'm not at a machine with RSView32 on it right now so this is from memory but "all you need to do" is configure a button/use touch animation on the screen to execute something like:

invoke me.trendx1.clearchart()

(you substitute the name of your actual TrendX object, obtained by right-clicking in edit mode, for "trendx1").

ok i gave up trying to use the rsview trend object and now im using TrendX.

That command works perfectly.

Native trending is probably the best for quick results (almost everybody just copies the example from the library files) but you can go further with TrendX once you get over that initial ActiveX "hump". If you're using ADS then it's a no-contest, native trending's almost unusable on multiple clients.

Glad the command worked, my memory's not usually that good.