Five Questions...5

ketal

Hi , Five questions :
1) Whats the name of the program that talks between PC and PLC
for visualizing the process? What the Normal Price?
2) Do they run only in later versions of Windows only?
3) Which are the bases for selecting the Master.
4) Can a secuence be shared between master and slave?
5) Is it better to have on or offboard interfacing relays
for AC-DO´s?
Thanks

To Answer your questions

Hi , Five questions :
1) Whats the name of the program that talks between PC and PLC
for visualizing the process? What the Normal Price?

The name of the program is Citect ;)
(OK there are many others, but Citect is my favorite)
Price is from around $2000 Australian, or more for larger systems.
$15,000 for unlimited licences.

2) Do they run only in later versions of Windows only?

No, Win2000 is the current, favored system. But win 95 or Win NT4 are OK.

3) Which are the bases for selecting the Master.

Not sure what you mean, but the PLC handles all the real time control, Citect would handle operator control, mimics, logging data, visualising and logging alarms, faults, reports etc...

4) Can a secuence be shared between master and slave?

Also not sure what you mean, but you can control, reset and manipulate sequences from citect if you want to.

5) Is it better to have on or offboard interfacing relays
for AC-DO´s?

Also, not sure as to what you mean, Citect communicates with the PLC via a number of means, depending on the type of PLC.
Ethernet is common, and I've seen it used on Siemens, Allen-Bradely, Modicon and others.
I've also seen MPI (Siemens), Modbus and Modbus+, serial communications, and some other proprietry methods used for communication.

To be fair to other SCADA products, such as Wonderware or WinCC, most use similar methods of communication and have similar capabilities.

Thanks

You're welcome,

Doug