Used DMC\Measurex 450 Isotope Gauge

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a used DMC\Measurex 450 Isotope Gauge for sale?? I've searched the net, and have found nothing. We are really looking for the maotherboard and I/O cards, its a 486 DX vintage and the XYCOM operator interface. Our's has seem to bite the dust, I think it is the motherboard.

We have placed a call to Radiometrie(they now own DMC) and are waiting for a service person to be available. For some strange reason, when the gauge was installed, the proper spare's were not bought.

We are just looking to see what is out here as an option. If anyone has any idea's or websites or suggestion, I would greatly apprciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi David,

We are measuring steel strip thickness. We currently have a guage in place doing so, or should I say WAS doing so, and are just looking to see what might be a gauge of the same type for sale somewhere.

Andrew

Not sure about Canada but here in the States you cannot legally work on an isotope guage without a radiographers license, so it's no wonder that you cannot find one for sale. Probably also explains your lack of spare parts.

Hi icky812,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm really not concerned in purchasing the source, just the PC components. Our source is fine, and we will never I hope in my life time ever have to get it replaced. Being new to working with Isotope gauges, I do realize there are stringent regulations regarding the source.

Andrew

Actually we were are not allowed to work on any part of it, at least as of a few years ago anyway. Not sure if it has changed or not, but to work on it in anyway was immediate dismissal in the factory that I worked in. Changing a fuse was as much as we could do. Anything else we had to call the factory rep in on.