Interchanging modules

dls1

I am getting major faults with a A.B. 5/02 processor and belive that due to the fault (rack data error) that it might be because of inductive loads on a relay contact output module.Possible noise or an isolation problem.I was thinking about switching out the relay contact output module for a triac output module to try an filter some of the inductive load on the card. I'm pretty sure this would not be a problem but am open for any suggestions.

I recently had a scanner fault on some SLC io hanging off of a PLC5. The cause turned out to be noise getting on the backplane through RELAY output 7 or 8. I changed the 1746-ow16 for a 1746-oa16 and my problem went away.

EDIT: Be sure not to exceed the 1/2 amp rating of the triac outputs if you switch cards!

Paul C.

Last edited: