(U34) Store aborted; Program in folder uses instructions not supported by PLC

rocket1010

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hey guys, getting this error when i try to download to 9030 CPU 311 with LM90 V9.02

(U34) Store aborted; Program in folder uses instructions not supported by PLC

I know in the past posts this has been chalked up to a W2K issue with a patch fix, but this PC and version of LM90 have always worked OK with any other PLC, any help would be great.

Thanks
[/font]

You can get that message if your program contains a reference to a memory location that exceeds the maximum for the CPU model. Check your program for the highest address for each memory type and compare against the limits for a CPU311.

If it's an old revision level of the CPU, it may not support one or more of the instructions in the ladder logic. Instructions added since the very first days of the 90-30 include subroutine CALL statements, the ODFT timer, nested JUMPNs and MCRNs, certain SVC_REQ codes.

I've never tried this myself, but I think if you import the LM90 file into CME and run a validation procedure, you'll get a detailed listing of the rungs that fail to validate.

are you saying positively that there is no way to check which instruction is hanging the download in LM90? I find this not only ridiculous but frustrating, not taking it out on you Steve but isn't this insane?

I'm not aware of any utility in LM90 that pinpoints the logic element that's incompatible with the CPU model.

Make a backup of the LM90 folder and post it here. I (or Russ or someone else) will take a look at it and see if we can spot the offender.