(Rung) Comments in 1756L62

Shoop

Hi,

I am using a 1756L62 CPU from Allen Bradley.
I have heared that it is possible to store the rung in the PLC.

Does anyone know how this must be done?
And where I can find information about it.

Thanx already

Hello shoop,

I heard the same, but only with the ControlLogix plc.
I believe the comments are always stored in the plc.

Ron the bon

Symbolic, application-specific names like ‘fill_temperature’
make it easy for you to learn new applications. Since these names are stored within the controller, data is accessible by tag name for faster troubleshooting, even at remote facilities where source code may not be available.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/br/logix-br001_-en-p.pdf

Flexible, Easy-to-Use Programming Languages
RSLogix 5000 includes support for relay ladder, function block diagram, structured text, and sequential function chart programming languages. Each language editor is fully integrated into thesoftware. One controller project can have multiple routines of each language type.
RSLogix 5000 stores the program logic for all four programming languages, as well as tag names, on the controller. This greatly simplifies field maintenance since RSLogix 5000 allows you to upload and view logic without having the original source program.

I do believe the AB vendor said something about this, being able to store the tags, but not comments/descriptions using RS5000, which is why I stated what I said in my first post. It would be nice if you could store all relevant info in the plc memory itself. How much easier it would be when troubleshooting at 3am?? Answer - alot easier!

Hi,

The PLC I use is a controllogix 5000 PLC.
The tagnames are stored in this PLC, I know that.
But I heard that for the L6x series it was also possible to store rung comments in the PLC's.
That is what I want to know, how to do this, or is it done automaticly?

I will check it with the Helpdesk of Rockwell

Thanx

The tag names can be up to 40 characters long and therefore can be made very informative.
As far as I know, the only AB PLC to store rung comments in PLC memory was the PLC3.

None of AB PLC can store comments.
CLX keeps tag names only.

With L6x processor Ser B you can put your complete offline project on the Compact flash card (using extrnal reader/writer) and leave it in the processor. If someone needs offline file, they can remove Compact flash from the processor and upload the project with comments.
Why ser B only? Ser A has CF slot inside so you will have to remove processor from the rack to reach the flash card, but it still possible.

The newer models of the Control Logix processors will give you the option of storing the rung comments in either the program itself, on a removable compact flash card or as is now the case only on your computer. If you have plenty of memory free then the obvious choice is in memory, but if you are pushing the limit then you have the option of storing comments off board. Regards Alan Case

Last edited: