[RSLogix5000] Adding rung comments when writing code in Excel

cmothebean

Hi,

I use Excel to write some routines and was wondering if it is possible to add rung comments when doing so?

Excel function:
="MOV "&[@[Range Type]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".RangeType BST MOV "&[@[Low mA]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".Input_Min NXB MOV "&[@[High mA]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".Input_Max BND BST MOV "&[@[Low EU]]&" "&GT_AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".Output_Min NXB MOV "&[@[High EU]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".Output_Max BND BST MOV "&[@[Filter Time Base (ms)]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".FilterTimeBase NXB MOV "&[@[Filter Ratio]]&" "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&".FilterRatio BND EOR SOR AI_Config "&AI_Config&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&" "&O_SCADA_Tag&".R"&[@Rack]&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI"&[@Ch]&" "&RackName&":"&[@Slot]&":I.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Data "&O_Program_PV_V&".S"&[@Slot]&".AI["&[@Ch]&"] "&RackName&":"&[@Slot]&":C.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Config.RangeType "&RackName&":"&[@Slot]&":C.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Config.LowSignal "&RackName&":"&[@Slot]&":C.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Config.HighSignal Local:"&[@Slot]&":C.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Config.LowEngineering "&RackName&":"&[@Slot]&":C.Ch"&[@Ch]&"Config.HighEngineering"

Thanks,
cmo

Possible yes, but you need to change the approach. You'll have to use VBA in Excel to create .L5X files that you can import into your logic. The .L5X file would contain comment headers as well as the text headers for the logic. You'll have to do some homework on the .L5X format. For the most part just export a few rungs with comments and code to see what is all in there.

You can also import and export comments from a CSV file. I do this quite a lot. Probably the easiest way to get you started is to export tags/rung comments from an existing file, so you can copy the format exactly.