OMRON PLC-PLC over Ethernet

scottmurphy

How easy is this to acheieve? I know Omron has its way of doing things, do I have to go through the process of setting up routing tables and FINS setups, or is it a bit simpler than that?

If you already have both PLCs talking to CX Programmer by Ethernet and they are both on the same domain, then use SEND or RECV instructions with Network 0 and wahtever node numbers are dialed in on the front of the ETN modules.

Most of the setup using those instruction makes sense, but bits 08-11 of control word 2 specify the serial port, which refers to the physical port, this is the bit that has me confused at the moment, since I want to use ethernet and not serial?? The manual says not to set this to 0, 3 or 4.

I am becoming more and more familiar with Japlish the more I work with Omron.
Will have another shot at it tomorrow.

Years ago it used to be Jinglish! Japlish is good.

You should try understanding a Hitachi drive manual. That is a real challenge!!!

I actually have had someone ask me about a hitachi drive, I haven't looked at it yet, but i suspect it is coming!

Nothing wrong with the drives or the support from NHP, just the documentation is a bit hard to understand at first.

Enjoy, as I do from time to time. They are a good price too compared to most.