Mitsubishi Q Series OPC

Daryl

D
We are setting up a new ethernet network using Cimplicity 6.1 SP 3, Topserver and Mitsubishi Q01 PLCs. We have everything up and running fine but when we disconnect and then reconnect the OPC server we lose most of our connections. Never the same PLCs drop out either, very random. The only way we have found to reconnect is to reset the PLCs.

I called Topserver and they say that since the OPC server has had successful connections it's not their issue. They suspect that the PLC is closing a port or socket and not allowing the reconnect until reset. I've tried Mitsubishi support but all I get there is an answering machine with no response back.

Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

mitsubishi does have help line and although they are slow to pickup the phone, they are avaialable.
however (as i've found myself) ethernet is out of their league so you probaly won't be getting help from them. i would check hanged plc configuration and ethernet card buffer for clues - maybe PLC is simply still trying to send ACK and not succeeding because OPC was down.

i just 'love' to see reply like "...since it's on the other end, it's not our issue."

Are you using GX developer?

what are the setting in the ethernet setup?

I use kepware and takebishi opc servers without any problem on Q01 plc's.

This has always been the case with the standard PLC code for Mitsubishi Ethernet cards. If the connection is dropped at the PC end the PLC does not automatically disconnect so you need some additional code to detect the lost connection and reset the card. This used to be freely available from Mitsubishi in the UK.

In the meantime you should know that it is not necessary to reset the entire PLC to restore comms. All you need to do is to toggle the "Open Port" output for the affected port. This is Y08 for port 1 on a card in slot 0. If you have used the standard Mitsubishi code from the manual you should only need to turn the output off. The PLC will turn it back on as soon as it is ready.

Looking at your config file, the only thing different to my setup is I always set "Existence Confirmation" to "no confirm".
try it.