ENET Module AUI and Comm Speed!!

POWER_PACKED

Hi everyone - I was searching for information on PLC 5/40E Ethernet module, so I thought I might stick my head to ask this question since I don't seem to be able to resolve this one out. :rolleyes:
In a PLC 5/40E Ethernet module 1785-ENET with an Application Unit Interface AUI for example AB Twisted Pair Transceiver Cat.# 1785-RT10BT plugged into the ENET module the other end is plugged into a Cisco Switch, does the SQE test have to be enabled? Does it impact the communications in terms of speed? if it can be disabled, is it recommended to do so?

We have 4 PLC-5 Processors and 3 have an AUI unit with SQE disabled while only one has it Enabled, While communicating with the PLC over Ethernet to monitor/edit with RSlogix5 The update rate on the processor with the SQE enabled is very slow! I have looked everywhere for an answer to over come this problem but I am still having problems. I have shrunk the logic as much as I can, Decreased Scan Time, don't know what else I should try. Thanks guys :site:

quote from A/B knowledge base:

SQE Test Errors

• Contains the number of "Signal Quality Error" Tests (i.e. Heartbeat) performed successfully during transmission.
      The SQE Test is used to test for the collision present circuit between a transceiver and a network interface card (NIC). After data is successfully transmitted, the Ethernet transceiver asserts the SQE signal on the collision presence circuit of the NIC. The NIC sees this test signal as a verification that the transceiver will inform the NIC when a collision occurs.

In most modern Ethernet networks, the SQE test is not used or applicable. Most NICs now have an integrated transceiver and therefore have a hard-wired AUI, so a test for the collision presence circuit is unnecessary.
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/3E844BD3A924123C85256FC4004B5121
There are more documents at www.ab.com
At the home page search for AUI (upper right hand corner).
Hope this helps
Paul C.