Slc5/03

praveen

P
Hai,

I have SLC5/03 (1747-L532E) processor Channel 0 (RS-232) is connected to the PC and Channel 1 (DH-485) is connected to the Panel view (2711-T5A3L1). With this setup and without using any external hardware i want to download panel view screens from Channel 1 through Channel 0 of SLC. I want to know whether it is possible or not.

Kindly mail me if you have any suggstions or comments.

Regards

Praveen
[email protected]

I don't think you can do it.

I know it violates your no external hardware rule but I think the minimum approved way to do what you want to do is to get an AIC+ module and program both the SLC and Palelview through a DH-485 network.

The AIC+ manual is here
Pages 3-4 and 3-5 have diagrams close to what you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Norm is right; there's no passthrough capability from Channel 0 to Channel 1 on an SLC-5/03.

If you have a locally wired PC, the 1761-NET-AIC is your best bet. If your PC is connected over a modem, you'll need a 1747-KE module to put both the SLC and PanelView on a DH-485 network that can be accessed via the DF1 port on the 1747-KE module.

Yes, it's done all the time where I work. As with all communications you will need the proper setting on both ends.

First you need to be online with the SLC.

From the Project select Processor Status

This should bring up the Data File S2 window. In the window select "Chan 0" Ensure that "DH485 Pass Thru Disabled Bit S:34/0 is set to "0"

In the Panel Builder Software (that's what we use...) sleect your normal application download.

Instead of selecting "Operators Terminal" select "Operator Terminal via Pass Through"
Select "Setup" and confirm your Node and Link ID addresses are correct. This is where most problems can be found. Once these are right you should be able to pass the PanelView application files through the SLC and into the PV.

Good Luck