conveyor displacement

Amr Hassan

Hi

i have done a program to fill the oil drum the system consists of a conveyor , two filling station and one centring station

i give commands to the conveyor to move one or two steps to move the drum into or out the filling station

i used an encoder coulped to the the gearbox of the conveyor and counted the pulses coming out of it on a di and calculated the displacement from that.

The machine ran fine for about two months , then i found out that the displacemnt per count of the encoder changed and the a big shift occured in the displacement .

I reclaibrated the step but i want to know if u have an idea why this happened , is there any modifications that i should do to prevent that?

Similar Topics

I need to measure a Conveyor belt displacement (running) in relation to the DRIVE ROLLOR revolution. I understand ppl use encoders for this. I...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have sample logic with conveyors that start and stop according to product on the line?
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I’m limited with a skilled maintenance staff to design and build Load Cell , Rollers , etc. for conveyor sections . Do...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I need to create a belt conveyor with an AFM60 encoder on board that detects the position of the glass (too small to be detected...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom