slc500 communication

muli36

as posted yesterday I`m still having trouble interacting slc500 and rslogic..I`ve followed allen nelson suggestion and this is my situation

In RSLinx I set up my driver and this is my configuration
-Workstation
+Linx Gateway,Ethernet
+AB_PIC-1,DH 485
-00,WORKSTATION,RS1-PIC
-01,SLC-500,DEFAULT
my autobrowse square is checked and on the right inside ..browsing-node (0 and 1 switching) found
Than I go in RSLOGIC as reccomended and select Communication select
01,SLC-500 press enter and the error message ..
DRIVER AB_PIC-1 NOT RUNNING/CONFIGURED CANNOT VALIDATE COMMS CONFIGURATION..
on the previous screen it also said current selection server node 0 decimal ( 0 octal)
Any idea what I did wrong..kind of frustrating..
I`m using Windows Me if this mean anything..
Thanks for helping
marco

In RSLINX go to the COMMUNICATIONS menu and select CONFIGURE DRIVERS a window will come up and in it it should say that you have the AB_PIC driver running. If it doesn't go to the Available Driver Types tab and select the 1747-PIC driver.

Last edited:
be there done that and everything seam to work...as an example the connection is marked as active and if I disconnect the cable to slc500 I got the red cross on plc simbol and only node 0 found..
marco

no
I`ve got the same picture as for RSLINX and ,if I`m not wrong I should select the slc icon and apply to project but this is not happening... which one will be the right procedure..
marco

Well, it looks like it SHOULD be working....

If I'm reading your description right, everything looks fine on the RSLinx side. To be sure, in RSLinx, open the RSWho, click on the icon of the SLC-500 and press DELETE. It will disappear, but should reappear in a few seconds when the node is scanned again.

Two questions:

1) What version of RSLinx and RSLogix are you using?

2) Have you restarted you PC since configuing the driver in RSLinx? (This morning I installed a PCMK card, and RSLinx wouldn't recognize it without a reboot. Perhaps RSLogix is having a similar communication problem with RSLinx)

The situation you are describing certainly seems to violate the rule "If RSLinx sees it, RSLogix will see it"

<hr>
Boy, you two had a fast discussion while I was composing my answer....

Last edited:
ok removed slc and reappeared after a second or two..
RS Linx version 2.2
Rs logic versio 4.50.00
marco

I'm stumped.

From your answers, it's clear that RSLinx is working correctly and seeing the DH-485.

But i'm stumped as to why RSLogix isn't seeing RSLinx's AB_PIC-1 driver correctly.

I haven't heard anything about WinME & RS products (other than most engineers won't touch WinME).

All I can suggest at this point is the following.

1) Try Rebooting.

2) Reinstall RSLogix.

3) Download RSLinx 2.3 Lite from the Web, and install that.

Maybe Ken Roach can find something in the AB Knowledge Base (I looked, but couldn't find anything helpful).

Good luck. If you figure it out, post the solution.

Went to lunch just got back.

Shouldn't that node read 1? I thought 0 was your computer and the SLC was 1. Try changing it to 1 and see what happens.

Wait, I think I see it...

muli36 said:
no
I`ve got the same picture as for RSLINX ....

marco

Somehow, I missed that.

Are you tring to Upload? If I'm following your descriptoin from RSLinx correctly, the PLC name is "DEFAULT". Is it possible that the SLC is faulted, due to no program in its memory?

If you see the SLC in RSLogix, click on the SLC icon, check the box in the lower right that says "apply to project" and click OK. The online panel in RSLogix should then list the driver as AB_PIC-1, and the node as 1d (d for decimal).

There's no use providing the link - Rookwell wants everyone to register before getting a download (even the free one). Once you're in, go to the Support page. It's not hard to find.