Problem with AB SLC500 communication

Ahmed Sabry

I had a problem with SLC500 - the processor is SLC5/03 and I am using RS232 interface cable.
I configured the RS Linx as DH485 UIC devices driver and every thing was OK, than I made a trial program and downloaded it to the PLC, it was downloaded good and it is working but I lost the communication with the PLC after this, I made every thing again but I am facing a problem that the RS Logix is not connected to the processor.
I saw some one asking about this problem on one forum and this is was a note from one reply:
"When you download a program to an SLC family controller, the last thing the RSLogix 500 software does is check the Communications channel configurations and compare them to the current settings in RSLinx. If these are different, the software presents a warning letting you know you *may* lose communications on the current or the other channel of the controller.

It is absolutely vital that you pay attention to those messages when they appear."
I belief that this what happened to me while downloading the program and I clicked yes.
So what would be the solution for such problem now to retrieve communication with the PLC?????????

If you cannot post your program then check the channel configuration of the program you just downloaded to the PLC.

The serial port on your SLC5/03 can be configured for , see picture below.

Which one is it?

CHNNELCONFIG.PNG

Same problem

The message I get from the PLC when I try to connect with the RSlogix 500
"No response from processor at selected path/node"
Please all do your best helping ,e solving this problem as soon as possible.

Does RSlinx connect?

If so when you open RSLogix500 and the program thats in the PLC. Click on "Comm",
then click on "Who Active Go Online" select your PLC then click "Go online"

Hi dear,
It is only happened when you give the wrong setting of your communication as you use before download. Just reset the processor by discharge capacitor to default. check your program communication setting the download it again.
Best regards,

advice request

how to discharge the capacitor? how to restart the processor? how to restore factory setting to the processor?

Remove the battery and turn the card over... find pins VBB and GND and then short these together for 30 sec, then you should be fine

I think you may have changed the baud rate on your download, the UIC will only work at 19,200 so make sure you dont have the baud rate set at 9,600 then download

Also if you default the controller your PLC's serial port will default to DF1 protocol.

Your 1747-UIC will not work with the PLC's serial port configured for this protocol.

You will need a USB to serial adapter and a null-modem cable. Use the RS232 DF1 Devices driver in RSLinx.

Also if you default the controller your PLC's serial port will default to DF1 protocol.

Your 1747-UIC will not work with the PLC's serial port configured for this protocol.

You will need a USB to serial adapter and a null-modem cable. Use the RS232 DF1 Devices driver in RSLinx.

Hi Mickey (Merry X-Mas)

I searched and could not find... you posted a PDF (I think) that had pictures one time long ago but could not find it on how to reset the SLC 500 CPU's

Maybe I will make a video because this still seams to be an issue, this will give me a reason to use my new camera :)

Hi Mickey (Merry X-Mas)

I searched and could not find... you posted a PDF (I think) that had pictures one time long ago but could not find it on how to reset the SLC 500 CPU's

Maybe I will make a video because this still seams to be an issue, this will give me a reason to use my new camera :)

See PDFs